Tainan Map Taiwan
Fort San Domingo was once called Hong Mao Cheng, meaning the fort of the red haired barbarians. This referred to the Portuguese who built the forts in 1628. The Dutch took over the fort in 1642 but were overthrown by the warrior Koxinga and his soldiers. The fort has a history which dates back over 400 years, which can be examined by visiting the museum located in the main building.
Ads by DirectRooms